Saturday, September 15, 2012

FO: Sunnyside Cardigan

We had a baby shower this afternoon for our friend Stéphanie who is expecting a little baby girl!

At first, she did not know if it was going to be a boy or a girl, so we mostly played it safe with her favorite color, which is green!

It is a good thing that a pregnancy lasts 9 months.  I finished knitting the project Thursday night.  It dried on Friday (yesterday) and I sewed the buttons at night while it was still a little wet.  I'm so glad it was finished on time!

The pattern is Sunnyside Cardigan by Tanis Lavallée of Tanis Fiber Arts.  It is easy to follow but I guess that you have to have some experience because the instructions are somewhat vague sometimes.  It's a free pattern.



Pattern: Sunnyside Cardigan by Tanis Lavallée of Tanis Fiber Arts
Needles: US 4 / 3.5 mm (circular and DPNs)
Color: Insect leaf
Start to finish: August 2012 - September 2012
For: Annabelle
Notes: None.
 
Initially, I wanted to make the picot hem but it turned out that I did not know how to sew the border of it to the cardigan.  Since I really did not have the time to learn a new technique, I tinked a few rows and knitted the garter hem instead.  It turns out I really like it.
 
For the little buttons, I found these little lady bugs.  Aren't they cute!  I think they are really fun on a baby garnment!  It fits very well with the name of the colorway too!
 
Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Susan said...

This is a beautiful cardigan. I love the femine cable in the center combined with this calming shade of green. Lol about the nine minth pregnancy!!!

Audry said...

What a great button choice. I love the little ladybugs. How perfect that the cardi is green.

Julie said...

So cute! I love those ladybug buttons, too.

Andi said...

That little sweater is too cute! Beautiful knitting. You can't beat how perfect thos ladybug buttons look.

Suvi said...

Really cute! Lucky little girl!

Monica said...

Adorable! She will be the coolest baby in the neighborhood with this hand knit sweater.

Celestial said...

It turned out so cute! This is my new favorite go-to pattern. I've made two of the 'boy' version with cables. I love that it takes under one skein of sock yarn too.

Unknown said...

So adorable!! Beautiful pattern and yarn, and those lady bugs are sweet!

Monique said...

Pretty color and I love the sweet little buttons!