Sunday, April 14, 2013

Casting on...

Hello!  Yesterday, I casted on two new projects: one is going to be a gift so I will not talk about it and the other one is the Guernsey Triangle by the very talented Jared Flood.  It is the July installment of the Tanis Fiber Arts Year in Color Club 2012

Here is a sneak peak!  I just completed the first chart of the pattern.  It does not look like much so far.  It has an intriguing provisional cast on that I will need to graft at the end to make the edge straight.  It is the first time I will do that.  This is why I'm intrigued.  I verified on Ravelry and it looks like I did it right.

 
The yarn is a dream to knit with!  And yes, we had some fresh snow on Friday.  We really are looking forward to spring!
 

Yesterday, I bought new Knit Picks Sunstruck 16" circular needles.  So far, I really like them, just as much as the Harmony and the nickel needles!  Oh, and a sneak peak of my secret project I guess ;-)


And you, what's on your needles now?

Have a great Sunday!

9 comments:

Andi said...

Yay to having two new things on the needles. Drooling over your new shawl-yum!

Pumpkin said...

Which yarn is it? It looks fantastic to work with, very soft. Do the sunstruck needles feel any different than the harmony needles? I assumed they had the same finish, you have me very curious about it.

Julie said...

That shawl is lovely! I can't wait to see your progress on it.

I received the Sunstruck interchangeables from my dear husband for Christmas. I like them a lot. They are particularly good when knitting with darker yarns; the stitches show up better on the needles than with the Harmony needles.

Monique said...

Superbe laine et très beau projet. On ne se trompe pas avec Jared Flood!

Sur mes aiguilles présentement ? Rien! Je viens de terminer un foulard avec du coton. Il est en train de bloquer.

Y a-t-il une grande différence entre tes nouvelles aiguilles et les Harmony?

Marisa Muñoz said...

I like your new project! I ♥ Jared Flood

Now I'm knitting the first top designed by myself :) It's a surprise too!

mle said...

Lovely projects! It's fun to learn new techniques and will be interesting to see how it turns out (beautiful, I'm sure!).
So sorry you have snow, hopefully your new projects will distract you until spring really arrives!

DKnits said...

Oh I love the color you chose for your shawl!

Audry said...

Jared Flood patterns are quite enjoyable to knit. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on that shawl.

And I have no idea what your secret project could be. Maybe a scarf?

DKnits said...

Oh this shawl is going to be amazing! Love the color you chose, it will be perfect to highlight the stitch pattern.