Thursday, August 29, 2013

FO: Tiny Pants

Hello all!

Yes, vacations are truly awesome to finish projects!  I have two finished projects almost on the same day!  This is good for motivation! I'll post about the other one (the gift!) shortly as it was given last night to the very pregnant mother ;-)

Back to the Tiny Pants, I guess this picture shows it all:


Pattern:  Tiny Pants by Megan Goodacre.
Yarn: City Tweek DK by Knit Picks.
Needles: US 7 - 4.50 mm and US 8 - 5.00 mm.
Color: Orca and Tahitian Pearl  
Start to finish: July 2013 - August 2013.
Modifications: I added the stripes as I saw them on a
project on Ravelry and thought it was super cute!
 
The "jogs" are not really apparent in the end since they are on the side.
 
I used leftover yarn from the Baby Tweed Blanket.  I am really committed to using or giving my leftover yarn!  It is quite amazing what you can do and how amazing it is to re-use past project yarns once you have found the perfect project!  If you'd like, see my Trade or Sell page on Ravelry (I'm anyonecanknit).  Take whatever you would like.  Just send me a message on Ravelry and I will send it your way in exchange for a pattern to cover the mailing charges!  I've kept a few leftovers in my Stash page as I think I know what I will re-use them for!
 
Are you back to school this week?  If so, I wish you a very good school year!

5 comments:

Audry said...

Those tiny pants are adorable!

I've got a box of leftover yarn in my room. But I have real trouble wanting to give it up just in case I need it to repair a knit!

Andi said...

Super sweet little pants!
Smart idea to trade your leftover yarn for patterns. Quite brilliant.

Monica said...

The pants are adorable! That is a super nice gift! Have a great weekend!

rebecca said...

that is a great stash busting idea. i love using up every little bit of yarn from the project! I found your blog through My Sister's Knitter, I have been doing the KAL too!

Allison said...

These are adorable little pants. They make me want to knit some for my little guy!