Sunday, November 27, 2016

FO: Hedgerow #2

Hi all!

My first and maybe last FO of 2016.  Life is going fast!  These socks are made for my sister and I wanted her to have them before the end of the year.

It started pretty well.  In June, I was already turning the heel of the second sock.  I'm a perfectionist most of the time and... I wasn't happy with how different the two heels were when side to side.  I could only imagine how the toes would end differently too - when I so carefully started the second sock with the same colors as the first one.  So I had to tink :)  That's fine!  I almost love it as much as knitting, knowing that I will be satisfied in the end.

Before:

After:
You can see my project page on Ravelry for more details.

Towards the end of the project, I was no longer able to access the pattern.  Fortunately, I had a printed copy from the first ones I made.  That's too bad because I think it is a great pattern.

Have a good week! xx

2 comments:

Audry said...

I'm with you. I can't stand self striping socks that don't match right. It bothers me so deeply!

I had a look around to see if the Hedgerow sock pattern was really gone because I was interested in it. It can be found at http://www.knittersreview.com/janes-hedgerows/

Thanks for sharing your beautiful socks with us.

Troy Demolition Contractors said...

Thank yoou